On September 28th, the Steering Committee for Voter’s Rights, met to establish a working committee of the Los Altos –Mountain View League. The main purpose was to determine our direction, discuss the programs we would work on, and our next meeting date.
1) We decided to change our name to Voter Services Steering Committee as we felt that better described our scope of proposed work.
2) Settled on the following program options –
a) New Citizens Registration – 2018 dates will probably be the same, February 22 and July 26
b) Pursue finding a contact person at Registrar of Voters (ROV) for information and training on how and what our League can do to continue registering new voters.
c) Work with County Council and develop at Chapter Level the “How and What” of the Voting process.
d) Volunteer with programs at ROV where our League can volunteer
3) Create a program where our League works at a polling place for the 2018 and 2020 elections. Compensation can go directly to our League as donation
4) Gather more information about SB450 (California Voter’s Choice Act – vote by mail), and how it affects Santa Clara County.
5) Continue to reach out to Mountain View High School. Voter Registration at the high school level.
6) Learn more about the voter registration program at Foothill Collage.
New Meeting: January 18th, 2pm to 4pm, at home of Vicki Gilfix ([email protected])